From: Adam Forsyth [mailto:forsy...@luther.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2018 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: Bandwidth/Throughput/Latency Tester

Isn't this: https://www.ookla.com/speedtest-custom what you asked Ookla about
and were told that it doesn't exist?  I ran a version of that on a local server
a few years ago.I got the premium subscription for a year but ultimately
decided I hadn't figured out how to get any advantage from its ability to save
test results into a database.  I have since moved to using
https://github.com/adolfintel/speedtest (which Clemson also mentioned) because
I wanted a speedtest that was HTML5 and didn't use flash, and at the time
Ookla's speedtest custom required flash.  It looks like maybe its also all
HTML5 now so maybe I'll take a look at that again.

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:56 AM, Fishel Erps
<00000030ecf871d2-dmarc-requ...@listserv.educause.edu<mailto:00000030ecf871d2-dmarc-requ...@listserv.educause.edu>>
 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I’m curious to find out what other universities are doing to test throughput,
internally, to proof their networks.  I’m looking for something that functions
like Ookla’s Speedtest.net<http://Speedtest.net> (browser-based, no required
clients) , but that runs internally (I have already contacted them directly,
and been told that they only provide products that are alive on the public net).

As we all know, % of utilization and available throughput are not
one-in-the-same, and I need a way to address and diagnose legitimate
performance complaints, live.

__________________________________
__________________________________
Fishel Erps,