Several years ago, the University of Minnesota gutted and redid the big
~3000 seat auditorium on the Twin Cities campus, Northrop Memorial
Auditorium. One of the driving factors to put WiFi in the auditorium space
came from consultants, who emphasized the importance of social media. We
had to hide the APs of course.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 11:44 AM Bull, Mary <mb...@wm.edu> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I’m wondering if anyone here has dealt with a decision on wireless in the
> theaters, concert halls, or recital halls on their campus. We have a new
> arts complex coming on line in the next two years and there’s no clear
> direction from faculty on whether wireless for the audience is desirable.
> The previous main theater, and other currently used theaters on campus,
> did/do not have full connectivity for the audience (just a few aps tacked
> on the walls that were useless when the room was full). Facilities planning
> is favorable toward building it in, so I’d prefer that too, especially
> since it would be much harder or impossible to install if the faculty
> changes their mind in a few years once the building is complete. However,
> I’m not sure whether there is really an expectation from the audience that
> they should have wifi when they attend a show or concert.
>

> Has anyone dealt with this on their campus? What influenced your choice?
>

> Mary Bull
>
> William and Mary
>
> 757-221-2491
>
> mb...@wm.edu