I am not a lawyer nor a law enforcement officer so I encourage people to
consult one for situations like this.

That said, experience suggests to me that it would indeed be legal to
prohibit the use of interfering devices on campus (network connected or
not) by campus community members who are contractually bound to campus
policy. Similar examples on most campuses would include tobacco and
marijuana use and possessing weapons of various sorts.

Rand

Rand P. Hall
Director, Network Services                 askIT!
Merrimack College
978-837-3532
rand.h...@merrimack.edu

If I had an hour to save the world, I would spend 55 minutes defining the
problem and five minutes finding solutions. – Einstein