Hello.  Our wireless engineer recently left and I inherited the Aruba setup
for wired and wireless.  He had some tickets open for a few issues, and I
have had to open a few more.

So, here's my question, what version of code are you using?  Is it FIPS
Enabled?
Are you happy?  Issues?

I've had to reverse engineer quite a few things and still see some buggy
behavior.

For instance, we're running Clearpass on their appliances (2 C3000's
Publisher/Subscriber w/VIP)
The version is 6.7.13.110037 [FIPS Enabled]
*is anyone, besides us, running FIPS code on Clearpass? (decision was made
B.D. - Before Denise lol)

I have a ticket open with them now as they keep going out of sync, and
sometimes the publisher and/or subscriber show up as down, for a minute or
less (also see this in the access tracker - it will say "the server is
unavailable")  Boxes still ping so I know it is probably a service having
issues, but Aruba ERT says only thing they can find in the logs is the
bad_record_mac error (which is another one that keeps popping up)
So I guess they are saying this is normal behavior?  Which doesn't make
sense at all to me.

The Mobility master and controllers are on 8.5.0.2 (non-FIPS)  They were
initially running FIPS code, but there were so many issues it was changed
last summer while the original wireless guy was still here.  The bug I'm
seeing there I think is just cosmetic as I haven't had any user complaints.
(user count is incorrect, by a lot in the GUI - regardless of browser - it
shows the correct count in the CLI and on Airwave)

Thanks,
Denise Christenson
Network Engineer
USNA ITSD