From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Brian Rohrbacher
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 8:05 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Taking on an investor?

Well, I guess I found four "dumb" people that got me started.  All my start up funds came from 4 people.  All four were subs from a previous WISP I  owned,  (before my partner took everything over and left me out in the cold)  they all said, "I want you providing service, not the "other guy".  So here I am.  7 months in and going strong.  Oh, almost forgot, like my lawyer has me say......all that is just my opinion.  ;-)               I think "dumb" investors are great!

Charles Wu wrote:
sure

a passive minority equity position stake in a privately held company is worthless, as legally, the person with the majority stake can make 100% of the decisions (in terms of purchasing, spending, cash distribution, etc)

think about it, if it was your money, would you be willing to just "invest it" into a company when the majority partner can do whatever he/she wants to and you have no recourse?

-Charles

WISPNOG Park City, UT
http://www.wispnog.com
August 15-17, 2005