You guys all agree we should be able to build and own our own networks with as little regulation as possible but you want the government to regulate the crap out of the bigger players? I do not buy that. Give us all a level playing filed with little regulation and I think we will all win. Also, the FCC has a task force called the Wireless Broadband Access Task Force whose web site is located at www.fcc.gov/wbatf. Do you think this would exist if we did not have some people filling out their forms telling the FCC we are out here and need help?

We cannot ask for representation in D.C. and then tell them they have no authority over us. This is not rational. We know the FCC has authority over what we do. We ask them for a playing field we can all play in. We get changes made and then we have people saying they refuse to fill out a form that shows what we are doing as broadband operators.

I guess I just don't get it. Do you think the possibility could exist that their intentions are not sinister and may actually relate to their need for data in order to support our efforts? The government may not be your best friend but I assure you they play a big role in your business. We all need to understand the rules, follow them and try our best to make the rules work in our favor at all times.

Like the form or not it is a matter of law and we need to follow the law of the land.
Scriv

Jeromie Reeves wrote:

Under the current FCC chairman i have to agree.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/telecom/2005-08-22-telecom-usat_x.htm?POE=MONISVA

The only thing i get from that is they now want to alter the franchise process to allow telcos to do something they already can and know exactly how to do. Add this to the recent ruling that cable co's do not need to share and you got people on a grass knoll. I agree with Mark that we are being setup for a fall.

Jeromie

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

I'm quite sure it's only real purpose is finding out where all of us are, and where we are and who we are so we can be easily taxed and regulated.

Like Congress gives a rip about small business? Only so as it gives them
numbers to pontificate about.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>