To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:26 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Need Inputs From Hurricane Relief WISP TeamsForFCCPresentation on Thursday

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, George wrote:

I believe that it's important for WISPA and Part-15 to have a
mutually beneficial and respected relationship between us. I am not
for casting stones, or trying to blur the efforts of Part-15.

I am not up to "blurring the efforts of Part-15", but someone please
explain what benefit it is to form a "relationship" with Part-15.
From what I recall, Part-15 is a for profit organization focused on
"training and education".  The only "benefit" I see is that the
Part-15 membership rolls are good "targets" (forgive the not exactly
accurate term) for WISPA membership.  I don't see the two
organizations as being an either/or type deal.

What Part-15 attempted to do in the aftermath of the Katrina event
was honorable and would have been beneficial had it worked out.
There were a combination of things that happened to make their
efforts futile.  Even so, they DID send some things down to Mac
Dearman, and perhaps JohnnyO, too.  I am not sure about the Johnny
shipments, but it seems that I heard that they did.  Either way,
their effort was good, their intent was honorable...it just didn't
work out.

Is it apparent that I tried very hard to keep my "personal issues"
out of this?  Probably not....I'm not that good at that kind of
thing.

--
Butch Evans
BPS Networks  http://www.bpsnetworks.com/