Hi,

We have used a Terabridge 5345 (now Proxim) and have been very happy. 45mbps full duplex, 10/100 ethernet, external antenna connectors, web and snmp management, 2ms latency (even at full load), etc. The 5345 is 5.3ghz and the 5845 is 5.8ghz. The only issue will be the price... brand new they are around $9k plus antennas.

Travis
Microserv

John Scrivner wrote:

I need some feedback from the collective. I am looking for a backhaul radio link for my main tower. 5.8 Ghz is fully utilized at this location. It is only a 1500 foot shot. I would like at least 50 meg full or 100 meg half duplex. I would like this solution to be under $8K or so. 5.3 Ghz is pretty open here. Does a solution exist? I can lay fiber for about $12K or so. I am considering doing that but I think laying fiber for my main connection when I am a fixed broadband wireless provider sends the wrong message to my potential customers when Charter is going all over town selling fiber connections. I welcome your feedback.
Scriv