To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Good Backhaul?

He can do a Proxim GigaLink for $10K.  Fiber interface, 1.25Gb.

-B-

Tom DeReggi wrote:

For around $1000 a month I think you can get a 1 gbps wireless link from Gigabeam, that would work for that distance I think. Atlas has been working great for us, using 5.3 for that short distance, you likely can get the full 54 mbps. We are getting about 36 mbps throughout for a 14 mile link we have live. But then again that does not meet the spec you are asking for of 50mbps full duplex. You probably can use one of the Tsunami radios that bond several 5.3 channels, or the YDI ElinkIIs that I think use double channels (FDD). None of these will give you the FULL 50 mbps Full duplex you are asking for though. I think they peak out around 30 mbps full Duplex real throughput. Because your range is so close, maybe you should jump up to 23 Ghz? Although you probably can't pull that off for 8 grand.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Scrivner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>