actually, I was kidding about the competitor thing, wanted to see if it'd start a fire.  It's something I'd thought of, but you can't route based on Virtual AP SSID

Having an invididual hotspot page per virtual SSID would be cool, on a wholesale level...

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott Reed
Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:44 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Virtual AP

What happens when a potential customer sees the competition's name? They call the competitor who says, "We don't do that."  Then what, do you get called by the competitor?
I guess my question is, how does advertising the competitor's name help you?

I like the wholesale idea though.  I may have to pursue that in the future.

Scott Reed
Owner
NewWays
Wireless Networking
www.nwwnet.net

The season is Christmas, not X-mas, not the holiday, but Christmas, because
Christ was born to provide salvation to all who will believe!