Rudy Worrell wrote:

I don't have the answers but we should now think of a few things that come
to mind as we move forward.

1.) Security to this list (my customers can join along with anyone else)
Paid WISPA Principle Members have a members only list server called [EMAIL PROTECTED] It is not open to anyone other than paid WISPA Principle Members. We keep this wireless@wispa.org list open to the public to attract new membership by allowing them to see what we are working on to some degree. Issues we do not want exposed to outside world are generally discussed in the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list server. So the long and short of it is this, we plan to leave this list open for now and keep the paid membership list for members only.
2.) Frequent meetings
The board meets via IRC at least once a month. In person meetings are not feasible with only 47 paid members. We do have some in person meetings of members at the FCC headquarters when they meet to discuss issues with FCC regarding our industry. I would like to see us do this more. It takes money. I would like to have at least one nice formal meeting a year with all members and we may do this at some point. It is common for WISPA members to arrange to meet at shows and such. Until we get more than 47 paid members it is unlikely WISPA will be hosting many in person meeting events.

3.) We need formality and a great deal of lobbying for WISP.
Lobbying can be extremely expensive. The costs for what work we have done at the FCC and Senate have largely been subsidized out of pocket by members who want to help. We need more members in this organization. Paid members that is. If you or anyone you know has not paid your dues then fill out the form at http://signup.wispa.org and we will get you invoiced for your dues and set you up in WISPA. Good post, Rudy.
Scriv