To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 2:17 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Mesh Equipment

We are still waiting to deply Cisco mesh, so I can't vouch for it *yet*. We will be installing for the City of Gilroy Ca. probably in the next 4 weeks. This is currently only a partial deployment, but they plan on lighting the whole city. I can tell you that the equipment is expensive -$3500 per mesh box but has fantastic specs. It uses a 5.7-8 GHz radio for backhaul and 2.4 GHz for access. As soon as I get the testing done, I promise to share numbers....

John Thomas