From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of KyWiFi LLC
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 10:56 PM
To: wireless@wispa.org
Subject: [WISPA] DSL vs. Wireless Broadband

I'm noticing more and more WISP's selling their wireless broadband service
as "DSL" or "Wireless DSL". I know that 75% of the people who call our sales
number have a difficult time understanding what Wireless Broadband is. They
already know what DSL is and that is what the majority of them ask for so I
would be interested in hearing everyone's opinions on the pros and cons of a
WISP labeling their wireless broadband service as "DSL, wDSL or Wireless
DSL" instead of "Fixed Wireless, WiFI or Wireless Broadband".

If the masses are more familiar with the term DSL then I
think we would generate more sales leads by advertising
our (WISPs') broadband as DSL instead of Wireless
Broadband. I'm sure the local telco would just love to see
all of us selling "DSL". Are there any legalities to this? Does wireless
broadband qualify as DSL or a form of DSL in the eyes of the law? Is it
legal for a WISP to sell their wireless broadband service as DSL?

Sincerely,
Shannon D. Denniston, Co-Founder
KyWiFi, LLC - Mt. Sterling, Kentucky
http://www.KyWiFi.com
http://www.KyWiFiVoice.com
Phone: 859.274.4033
A Broadband Phone & Internet Provider

Wireless Broadband, Local Calling and
UNLIMITED Long Distance only $69!

No Taxes, No Regulatory Fees, No Hassles

FREE Site Survey: http://www.KyWiFi.com ==============================