A shared license (w/ zero barriers to entry, etc) w/out a very strict
coordination scheme (which will never be implemented by the FCC due to the
fact that it's A LOT of work to build, maintain and administer) is still
basically an unlicensed system

Say there are 10 operators in a market

You deploy your fancy schmancy 1024-FFT
OFDM/mimo/beam-forming/space-coded/blah blah system w/ it's superior
scheduled WiMAX MAC

The other 9 of em deploy FM modulated FSK based systems across town

What do you think is going to happen?

-Charles

CWLab
Technology Architects