From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jack Unger
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 1:46 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] This is HUGE!

Hopefully, the 8% (6,000,000) figure includes ONLY end-users who use
wireless broadband to get to/from their home and NOT the end-users who
have a copper/fiber-based (cable/telco) broadband connection to their
home and then use a Wi-Fi router/access point that provides the "final
50-ft" connection wirelessly.

There's so much sloppy and innacurate "journalism" these days that I
need reassurance that the article means what it appears to be saying.

If there are 6,000,000 end-users and if there are 5000 WISPs then each
WISP would, on average, have 1,200 subscribers. I'm not sure that this
passes the "sniff" test.
                           jack

--
Jack Unger ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - President, Ask-Wi.Com, Inc. Serving the
License-Free Wireless Industry Since 1993 Author of the WISP Handbook -