To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 3:02 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] looking for a device

AirmatrixOS is not starOS and does offer vlans. Its its own web based OS.

You can order their stuff with starOS, but that's really only specific
custoemrs that order it anymore.

-

Jeff

On 6/8/06 10:03 PM, "Tom DeReggi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Airmatrix does VLAN but its uses StarOS, so it does VLAN the wrong way for
some one trying to sell to carriers.
If you sell to a carrier, they are going towant to be delivered a minimum of
1500 MTU. StarOS can't do that with VLAN.
However, if you didn;t need VLAN, Defacto does give EXCELLENT support. And they ship ONTIME. They aren't the cheapest, but they give the value you are
looking for.

Mikrotik is the preferred solution if you need to do VLAN. Wisp-Router also
offers support.
He's been in business now for atleast 10 years.  He may charge you by the
minute, but not at a rate any higher than Cisco would charge you.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband