To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] $100 CPE?

I never understood the 60*x60* beamwidth when the same form factor for the fox5800 has a 32x18 beamwidth. Seems like a very poor design which makes it harder to keep noise floor and interference at a minimum. Surely the narrowing of the beamwidth cannot account for more than doubling the cost...

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

Travis Johnson wrote:

That they are working on "developing" a new product that will have bugs, hardware issues, etc. for the first 6-12 months. Trying to get to $100 (without antenna, BTW).

Trango has a $149 unit that is from a company that is established, it has a built in antenna, PoE, etc. and is ready to go today. For $30 more, the range goes from 3 miles to 13 miles. ;)

Travis
Microserv

Brian Rohrbacher wrote:

What does everyone think?