Ok, this may be a simple question, but I'm trying to figure the best way to do this.  My wireless network is currently all bridged with three different POP's (all statically assigned private IP's).  I'm getting requests for public IP addresses and as I add more clients, I feel like I'm really going to need to have a routed network.

My biggest question is, how do you manage your CPE remotely in a routed network?  Right now I'm pretty much 90% Tranzeo gear (mixture of CPE-15's and CPQ gear).  If a customer calls with performance or other problems, I'm able to log into their CPE from here to see what's going on from that end.  I would much rather maintain that ability but not sure how to do that with a routed network.

Also, I would ideally like to have a public IP assigned to each CPE.  The double NAT'ing I've got going right now has been causing a few issues, plus, I'm getting more business customers that want VPN and Remote Access to their network.

I realize this will take subnetting to make it happen.  I've got a /24 right now and can easily bump to more when needed.

How are the rest of you handling your setups like this?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Hensley, MCP+I
President

Mozarks Technologies