Well, I finally got time to hang the 900 A/P tonight. MT with SR9 on a 532a.
Client is a Rb112. Superpass 10dbi sector and a 10dbi panel for the client.
While its not the golden bullet sorta speak I am very impressed with it.
What better place to test than City Park. Its full of old tall oaks. From
about two miles out I was seeing -75 signal and easily squeezing 2 megs up
and down. I always see a lower upload on other gear but the 900 down and up
always seemed to be almost the same. I have had many calls from a
subdivision that was flooded from the storm and they still do not have bell
or cable in there. I tried doing two houses in that subdivision without any
luck with 2.4. Its loaded with trees. Well from my truck at these two
locations I had no problem seeing a -72 signal. As I got a little closer to
the pop maybe 1 mile I was seeing a -70 with still quite a few trees in the
way and I was seeing four megs up and down This is where it seemed to peak
out at. Like someone said its another tool in the tool box. Its just what I
needed because while 2.4 will burn through some trees the 900m shots will do
so much better.
Superior Wireless
New Orleans,La.
www.superior1.com