From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of John Scrivner
Sent: Saturday, October 28, 2006 4:22 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] "The Gremlin," redux

Mac,
We believe this is truly an outside offender in 2.4 GHz. I have
personally seen a carrier that is several times more power than anything
I have ever seen. I only saw it for a brief instant though. This
interference just does not last long enough to be caught. The high
latency is caused by retransmits but I am sure outside interference is
what is leading to the need for frames to be sent again. This effects
all channels across the 2.4 GHz bands. We have seen the noise floor jump
up higher than our radio power levels when this problem happens. What
ever is causing this is running higher power than anything we have in
the field. We will look at anything, though, to help troubleshoot and I
appreciate your ideas.
Scriv