I'm pretty sure you will need a 1 to 1 NAT to get H.323 to work, or you will need a NAT helper for the H323 protocol. I'm not sure if StarOS has this or not, but I would bet it does since Linux and Mikrotik have both had one for quite some time.

   Sam Tetherow
   Sandhills Wireless

Mark McElvy wrote:

I am still trying to get a Polycom video conference unit to work from my private NAT network through a StarOS router to the public Internet. I have had to unit working fine on the outside of the firewall but cannot get it to connect from the inside. I kind of feel it is an H.323 compliance issue. Are there setting I need to make in StarOS?

Mark McElvy
AccuBak Data Systems, Inc.
573.729.9200 - Office
573.729.9203 - Fax
573.247.9980 - Mobile
http://www.accubak.com/
http://www.accubak.net/
Nationwide Internet Access
Accurate backups for your critical data!

This electronic communication (including any attached document) may contain privileged and/or confidential information. This communication is intended only for the use of indicated e-mail addressees. If you are not an intended recipient of this communication, please be advised that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this communication or any attached document is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and promptly destroy all electronic and printed copies of this communication and any attached document. Unauthorized interception of this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law. !DSPAM:16,45461d0813481182711961! <http://mail.shwisp.net/spam/dspam.cgi?template=history&user=tetherow&retrain=spam&signatureID=16,45461d0813481182711961>