Tom,

You have been responding to this whole thread like I have been attacking your position. I'm not.

My statement in a summary....... Efficient use of the spectrum has multiple positions. Unfortunately others may not fit into my business plan. I am not saying blow them off the air and not work with them. I am saying that if someone comes along and can't make their new service work because I occupy the whole band then that sucks to be him. There are going to be situations where people are going to get interfered with. If there wasn't, the Commission would have licensed the band as you know.

There will be survivors and there will be descendants.

I like being a survivor....

-B-

BTW:  The WAR board is not type accepted.  But you know that.....  :-P

Tom DeReggi wrote:

You are still totally missing the point...

In doing so you may wipe out or interfere with the poor little WISP 2 miles away. What do you do???

Thats not generally the outcome. If the little WISP down the street just goes away, there is no problem. But he doesn't because his whole livelihood is invested in his WISP business. What happens is after you wipe out the poor little WISP 2 miles away, the little WISP buys a big club (big radio) and wipes you out back, and smiles after he Wiped out the poor little you.

This isn't a battle about 15K gear and cheap gear. Its been proven over and over again that cooperation is more effective than fighting a WAR.

The BIG rich over confident provider no longer has the upper hand to bully the little poor WISP2, just because they are better funded. Its amazing what harm a $200 WARboard and 400mw card will do with a $180 3ft PAC Wireless dish. Not that I'm suggest attempt harm. I'm just saying WISP2 can now afford to grab just a big a club as you can. This is a REAL Risk, and equalizes the playing field. You play nice or everyone looses.

I never said its not occasionally necessary to install over someone else. You do what you need to do, to get the link done. I simply suggested to avoid it when you can, unless their was just cause to do other wise. I just can't understand why participants on this thread have not grasped this simple principle. If you don't get it by now, I'm wasting my breath. I'm done with this one.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Moldashel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>