I fully agree with Peter.

-Matt

Peter R. wrote:
Tom,

My limited exposure has a different perspective:

It is easier to keep building out instead of selling deep.
A prospect comes to the WISP with a $400 per month pipe and the WISP builds to him. There is the hope (and the hype) that this prospect will be the first of many - and the footprint is extended.

I don't see fiber providers selling deep. I don't see many WISP selling deep either.
The cash flow comes from filling the pipe.

That's my 2 cents.

Peter @ RAD_INFO, Inc.

Tom DeReggi wrote:

Mac,

Great insight. But the truth is we are not just wireless alcholics with an addiction to build. There is a reason we (WISPs) keep building. The reason is.... after considering the impact the new tower build would have, we can truthfully look at the big picture and say that our company is better off with the tower than without, from an evaluation/financial point of view. If a move brings a company in a positive direction, why not do it? The new tower never costs as much as the early ones. Everytime a new tower is built, new opportunity gets created, but old costs get shared, such as the upfront fixed costs of backbone transit bandwdith and primary overhead office staff. In this business, its hard to stay small.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband