How are you guys tracking usage? What program are you using to measure
it and are you measureing every bit or an average?

On 12/22/06, Tom DeReggi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have not had the guts to do what Marlon does. But that doesn't mean there
isn't merit in his method.
Part of the reason is we put in place technology that allows the use of
available bandwdith with limited impact to other users, therefore taking
away some of the need to charge for it, if it was jsut going unused any way.
in otherwords Bandwdith allocated on a fair weighted queuing priority basis.

The advatnage of Marlon's model, is he has the data to pick and chose
customers. The high bandwdith hogs gets given to the competition or pay.
The second a network starts reaching capacity and the market penetration
doesn't, it becomes feasible to be happy not keeping all customers, instead
you pick the most profitable customers.  The facts are the the network
supports it or it doesn't, the provider can afford to upgrade or they can't.
What I'm learning is, selling 10mbps peak speeds allows you to play the
Comcast game, and beat them at it.

I'm selling unlimited now, but its important to track the usage. That might
have to change, as people start using the links to replace their VCRs. The
reality is, eventuality one will have to port limit or charge per bit.  I'm
jsut avoiding that day until it has to happen, so I don't lose customers for
the greater good, unless I have to.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband