Try an HP IPAQ 6515 (I have this one, with and sd wifi card) and 6900 (Has built-in wifi). With licensed Opera I can program my radios. Check email and so on. Also can use skype.

You have a Good Day now,

Carl A Jeptha
http://www.airnet.ca
Office Phone: 905 349-2084
Office Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm
skype cajeptha

Marlon K. Schafer (509) 982-2181 wrote:
The palms are so danged expensive. And I tend to break phones often when out in the field.

If it were me, I'd FIRST look around to see if anyone in the area has better coverage and/or prices. We just moved away from Cingular and the problems are around the same but coverage is better and the costs are lower. AND the support of a local company has been wonderful! Walk into the store and the same people are there month after month, they know my name etc.

Next, I'd probably do blackberrys for the average guy. Those that need network access to your gear could use the palms.

I'm looking for a palm or Q phone as soon as I can afford one. Typing even short emails on a standard phone sucks. And it would be cool to do some network stuff via a cell phone from time to time. I'm not always in range of my own towers. At least not with a laptop.

laters,
Marlon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.odessaoffice.com/wireless