Question 1. If WISPA develops an industry standard which meets all the technical and legal requirements of the law, will law enforcement accept our data stream from whatever standard we develop?

Question 2. Will your office allow us to have a system or process certified as being "CALEA Compliant"?

Question 3. Will we have some other standard forced upon us that we do not have a part in developing?

Question 4. If a small operator cannot meet the requirements then what remedy is available to him in order to not lose his business?

Question 5. Will there be grants available to small operators to meet CALEA rules?

Question 6. Can we apply for and receive extensions for meeting the CALEA requirements? (In case we do not have everything ready by May)

Please ask those on our behalf and send us the results when you return.
Thanks George!
Scriv

George Rogato wrote:

wispa wrote:

You actually think that the "big guys" will actually let that happen?

Yeah, I can see it now, our upstreams turning CALEA compliance into a profit center.

Anyways if you want to bring your own tape recorder up to the feds and ask them some questions, go for it.

But the offer still stands.

Any reasonable question regarding the implementation of CALEA compliance I will be glad to ask.

George