Depending on how big your town is, and how they feel about Walmart, you
should try sending a letter to the local newspaper. Also document
everything, calls, letters, etc and post them to a web site.  Then
submit them to the bigger social networking news sites (digg slashdot
reddit) make sure to put some good spin on it, make sure to let people
know how many of you customers are affected by walmart's refusal to work
with you.  This will be especially effective if walmart has any sort of
bad name in your town already.

Ryan