From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 5:16 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Calea - what will we need to provide ?

I see little benefit to protesting the Calea/DOJ judgement, as compliance is
a mute point, if it were easy and cost effective to comply.
A preferred method to proceed is to lobby for what changes in standards they
need to make to allow it to be easy to conform.
DOJ doesn't concern itself with "HOW" to conform, they aren't ISPs and
knowledgeable in our business. Its our job to educate them on our
capabilties.
I'd argue that its teh TELCOs, that are the enemies on this issue, that have
been very involved with the officials on this matter, and probably
purposefully did not lobby for standards that would be easy for their
competitors to comply to.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband