  From: Peter R.
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 9:48 PM
  Subject: Re: [WISPA] Vonage

  I tracked down the patents and the verdict. I had to dig through PACER
  and pay about $4 to get it (you pay for every page that you query on
  PACER. To register you have to give a valid credit card).

  Details here:
  http://radinfo.blogspot.com/2007/03/case-106-cv-00682-cmh-brp.html

  If you want a copy of the verdict, email me your name and contact info
  and I'll send you the 28 pages of techno-babble as opined by U.S.
  District Court Judge Claude Hilton.

  Regards,

  Peter Radizeski
  RAD-INFO, Inc.  <----- see Info is in the name :)

  Rich Comroe wrote:

  >I didn't find anything that listed the patents in question.  Most were only
business articles, but one article did "summarized" the patent topics.

>http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/business/20060619-1055-vonage-verizonsuit.html
  >
  >"Verizon charged that Vonage is infringing on at least seven of its patents
regarding Internet phone service, a technology known as voice over Internet
protocol, or VoIP. The patents include inventions related to gateway interfaces
between a packet-switched and circuit-switched network, billing and fraud
detection, call services such as call forwarding and voicemail and methods
related to Wi-Fi handset use in a VoIP network, the lawsuit said."

  >BTW - cursory search at http://www.uspto.gov/ lists Verizon as receiving
"57" issued patents in total since 2001.  It's not a huge number if you were
inclined to search to see what they got granted that matched the topics listed
in the article above.  All issued patents are public record and can be
downloaded from uspto.  The trick is narrowing down the list (or finding the
issued numbers for the patents in question).  Does anyone know where to find
the court actions?  That would surely list the patent numbers at issue.