The issue of certification is a simple one.
Certs are only good for the assembler or complete system manufacturer.

If you assemble your own, you need to get your own certs.

MT and Star do not sell assembled products, yet. hence you can't buy their certified system, you have to make your own.

We do have a cert list at wispa, contact Jack Unger if your a paid wispa member.

George

D. Ryan Spott wrote:
I will pay $500 over the price of an unlicensed Microtik if I can get one
with the cute little FCC sticker on it.

Did you hear that kids? $500 over the MSRP! I have 8 APs (only one is a
Microtik at this time) that I would like to replace.

I think I paid $185 for the RB500 with the software pre-installed, $8 for
the pigtail and $45 for the small electrical box it is sealed in. So around $250 for the whole thing including shipping and tax.
I am offering to pay $750 (300% markup based on MSRP!) for this item with
the cute little FCC sticker on the box.

I will buy 8 from whomever can present this to me. And I am a SMALL
operator!

Who wants to sell this to me? My credit card is standing by.

ryan <- The troll trying to kill this thread. :P