Tow things....

I suspect...being a paranoid type...that I might be one you are thinking
of with that "hype" comment Blair? If so, I've said nothing re WiMAX
because I have nothing to add. I did forward your note to our manager
for those parts.

On the WiMAX hype thing:

A) I've never hyped...I've been very clear about what is hype, what it
is not, when it might be coming and when it is not and I have been
hugely clear on my belief that WiMAX sucks for unlicensed UNTIL 802.16h
gets worked out.
B) You should know that the licensed versions of WiMAX -- actual 802.16e
versions -- from us ARE shipping in commercial quantities as generally
available product. I did not say "WiMAX-certified," because the 802.16e
WiMAX Forum certs won't begin now until next year, but I am talking
about actual 802.16e (not pre stuff) and it will wear the certified
label once the process takes place. As well, the older 802.16d versions
that do carry WiMAX Forum certified label has been shipping GA since
this time in 2004.
C) Alvarion has shipped $100 million dollars plus of WiMAX gear (gear
that wears the WF-certified and gear that will wear the label), so you
might be careful about calling it all hype.

Second, our mobile 900 MHz solution is designed for the app you are
describing and it is used exactly for this type application in dozens of
cities/towns around the country. I am not talking about fixed 900, but
rather our system in 900 MHz specifically designed for regional
vehicular mobile access.

Patrick Leary
AVP WISP Markets
Alvarion, Inc.