To: "'WISPA General List'" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 11:00 PM
Subject: RE: [WISPA] Nstreme2 Link & Pacwireless

Jory,

 I will say this knowing that there are many antenna dealers/manufacturers
in the world, but if you buy Pacwireless antennas and they don't work for
you - - - - I will absolutely give you every cent of your money back before you ship them to me! There aren't but a few things I will stick my neck out
for, but Pacwireless antennas have "N E V E R" failed me or left me short.
They are right on with their antenna tx/rec gain disclosures and their
mounting hardware has always been first class. You can absolutely buy with
confidence.

I have yet to try their dual polarity dishes, but you can see "I AINT
SCARED!" The next tower we hang that needs the extra bandwidth will have one
of these dishes hanging on them:
http://www.pacwireless.com/products/HDDA5W.shtml

I don't think you need SR5 radios to make a 6.5kilometer (4.0 miles?) link. Even with an 18db Atheros CM9 you ought to achieve a 20Mbps link and be ten times more reliable and the sensitivity of a SR5 has always been - - -well - - - unstable in my use of them whereas the CM9 has been almost bullet proof. I have given up on the SR5 because they always seem to get popped by EMP. (I
know I just opened up a can of worms) I would suggest using a different
platform to (other than a RB532A) achieve speeds greater than 20Mbps if
through put is critical. There are a number of SBC out there to be had - -
or even a nice x86 would produce many times that speed running MikroTik.
Using the later - - you could easily push 50/600Mbps on a single motherboard with two cards running Nstream along with connection tracking - - which you
will miss if it ain't turned on.

Mac Dearman CEO
Maximum Access, LLC.
www.inetsouth.com