From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 11:05 AM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] RF propagation map: WiFi vs WiMax?

2.5 has great range & penetration.  ClearWire, as an example, had solid
indoor coverage 2 miles away.  I live in an apartment complex thats "out
of
coverage area", and it still works - I'm in the bottom floor of an
apartment complex, my unit has another unit behind it, a 4 acre forest
conservation area, I stick it in my window, get 2/5 bars on it, and
still
get 1Mbps...

Outdoor, could be many more miles, but the ClearWire indoor-only
self-install business model seems superior to all other WISP models,
unless
you're selling a super-premium business service (fiber/T1 replacement).

We basically sell Clearwire for all residential, and use our own
wireless
network for premium business customers only (149/month minimum).

--------

--------

--------

** Join us at the WISPA Reception at 6:30 PM on October the 16th 2007 at
ISPCON **
** THE INTERNET INDUSTRY EVENT **
http://www.ispcon.com/register.php **

--------

computer viruses(190).

computer viruses(43).

 This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by PineApp
Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses(84).

viruses.

**