All,

Bear in mind, Clearwire uses their own base station technology,
which is mostly Nextnet base stations ( now motorola ) . Nextnet's
performance is not wimax, just really high power base stations and CPE.

4 QAM / 2 WATT output power / 8dbi directional antenna on the CPE
and I think around 10 watts on the base in power?

( originally was nextnet, then mccaw bought them for 50 million, then
sold it to Motorola in exchange for 500 million in investment )

-
Jeff