Ron Wallace wrote:

What is the best method for determining the value of a "Wireless Internet
System"???

According to my college microeconomics professor, it's worth exactly what someone else pays for it. :)

Are you looking at just hardware (which is pretty easily quantified), or at a "system" including active customers (and the obligation to continue providing service to them)?

If you're buying a complete business (or at least a bunch of customers) it's normally valued as some multiple of monthly revenue. Depending on your local market conditions, I've heard WISPs valued anywhere from 5x to 12x that number. What, exactly, the number should be depends on those local conditions, what other competition is in the area, whether those customers are under any long-term contracts, the business' established reputation, and about a zillion other things.

Sorry to be so very vague.

David Smith
MVN.net

**