Tom DeReggi wrote:
I've been argueing for YEARS, that revenue is way over rated as a method to evaluate a company's worth. There are so many other more important factors such as how much revenue will your company enable the buyer to obtain because they have your assets.

How is that argument going? You must have learned by now that one buys another company to grow revenue and/or reduce costs in this space. There is no need to buy a company to access a market unless you have an exclusive in that market. Do you have an exclusive? Most WISPs don't, so in the end it all comes back to revenue.

Forbes shared information about his sale. From all that I have heard it is a prototypical deal. On one side you have a motivated seller and on the other a motivated buyer who can both agree on a reasonable valuation formula based on hard metrics e.g. revenue, customers, etc.

-Matt