John Valenti wrote:
Mark,

What don't you like about the Lucaya enclosures?

I have one of the 1208 versions to evaluate. I think I like it a lot. The built-in antenna seems like it should be good enough for LOS customers out to a mile, and with our trees few people would have LOS beyond that anyway.

If I want to use a stronger antenna, I can plug in a VAGI (that's what I'm leaning toward currently). And I can set that H or V polarity as desired.

I should be able to just stock this single radio and be fully covered for clients in 2.4GHz. Near as I can tell, it is slightly cheaper than the Rootenna parts, arrives ready to install, and is FCC certified.

I do like the small Rootenna, but realistically I spent several hours over the weekend putting together just 4 systems (and then testing them). I would be happy to never need to connect another ufl pigtail! Just testing the Roos in my basement, none of them worked as well as the 8dBi Lucaya unit.

-John

I  got an evaluation pack from Lonnie.

The "can o war" as lonnie calls them, are nifty little cpe's. At 109.00 for qty 100 I think it's great deal too if I could use them in the right locations. With a price like that, you almost can't go wrong.

I 2nd the ufl pigtail thouhts.