To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Monday, October 29, 2007 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Ubiquiti PS2 -- > StarOS v3

Mark,

What don't you like about the Lucaya enclosures?

I have one of the 1208 versions to evaluate. I think I like it a lot. The built-in antenna seems like it should be good enough for LOS customers out to a mile, and with our trees few people would have LOS beyond that anyway.

If I want to use a stronger antenna, I can plug in a VAGI (that's what I'm leaning toward currently). And I can set that H or V polarity as desired.

I should be able to just stock this single radio and be fully covered for clients in 2.4GHz. Near as I can tell, it is slightly cheaper than the Rootenna parts, arrives ready to install, and is FCC certified.

I do like the small Rootenna, but realistically I spent several hours over the weekend putting together just 4 systems (and then testing them). I would be happy to never need to connect another ufl pigtail! Just testing the Roos in my basement, none of them worked as well as the 8dBi Lucaya unit.

-John