I have several reasons that I liked Skypilot in particular.  For one thing,
the sectorized omni approach meant I could use 1 unit to cover 360 degrees.
 Secondly, the smart antenna approach giving it 44db EIRP on the AP side.
Third, the automatic redundancy, and fourth, the fact that 1 piece of
equipment on the tower replaces:  redundant backhauls, ethernet switches,
lots of sector panels, etc.  It can be installed by 1 climber in probably
less than 30 minutes.  Nothing else I've found has close to these features.

BelAir mentions it can be used for cellular backhaul - is it really capable
of what it claims to be able to do?  Is there a non-mesh endpoint unit that
can be used, or am I forced to use a Belair unit on clients that want voice
T1s?  I just can't see Wi-Fi being able to handle 10 or 20 simultaneous
calls - and the backhaul radios aren't unlicensed Wimax - just 802.11a.

So maybe I need to go to Alvarion VL - but I wonder if they live up to
their VOIP call claims on their tech sheets - Canopy Advantage couldn't in
my testing, at 2.5 miles with 1 CPE on it it fell on its face...