Ryan,

Thanks for that method, too.
I've done something similar with Delorme's TopoUSA software.

But I'm coming to the conclusion that Google Earth is probably fine for around here. It is flat enough that the trees block the signal within a mile or so.

-John   (pinning my hopes on the whitespaces...)

PS to Mike Hammett: I've tried using Radio Mobile twice. Spent two+ hours each time and never figured it out at all. Someday, I hope to devote more time to it.