From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David E. Smith
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:17 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Billing suggestings

Ross Cornett wrote:

> I am in a pickle here with my client tracking database.  We had a
> propriatary softward made for us and it is not a great scenario for
us.
> This software stored data in an access database and primarily was
client
> contact, reminding renewals for mailing bills...etc...

> What are you all using that might be a good transition for me...

Do you have the source code and database schema for the existing system?

It may be possible to simply expand it, adding on whatever features you
need that it doesn't have. If you just need a few small features added
on and you're largely happy otherwise, hiring a project developer may be

cheaper (in money, time, etc) than a whole new system.

If you don't have the source code, or the old software is a lost cause,
you'll probably have to re-enter everything by hand in your new system.
Thus, just look for whatever features you need in your "new" system as
though you were starting from scratch, because you basically will be.

Beyond that, it's a pretty broad question, as every WISP has different
needs. What do you want your software to do? :)

David Smith
MVN.net

--------