I think everyone is missing Travis's point.

Everyone is trying to find the work around, or partial solution, using the
tools a product already has.
Sure all these tools help. But they do NOT replace a tool that is better
that someone has had in their hands for years proving the value of that
tool.

There are reasons why products Like Trango have been so popular with the
larger scale WISP commmunitiy, and their secret is they give the
professional tools that make just that little bit more difference that
matters, for a WISP to detect, resolve, and certify network connections
inthe quickest manner.

If Mikrotik wants to be in the same league as the big boys, they need to
make new better big boy tools, not only hold on to the existing tools they
have that offer 70% of the solution. This is not meant to be a comparision
of vendors or an attack on Mikrotik. I think Mikrotik has made huge strides
in this industry, and really is starting to have a very feature rich
product, that can't be ignored. I really respect what they have
accomplished, and amazing value.  But they are still missing the boat in
some areas/tools.

What Travis wants is a quicktool to certify a link, that his staff can rely
on without individual interpretation. the Trango Linktest tool, gives
exactly that.

Its within Mikrotik's power to add those tools.  Or atleast get closer to
them.  The question is whether they truly understand why the tools are
needed, or whether they just don't have the time to make them, or if there
is some technical barrier that prevents them from being made.

The first step is making them understand why it is needed. Second step is
making it clear exactly what it is that is needed. And third is getting them
to make time to make it.  And if we can accomplish that, then Mikrotik will
just be a better product because of it.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband