From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Tom DeReggi
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:49 PM
To: WISPA General List
Subject: Re: [WISPA] MT tools

I guess the idea is that MT might be monitoring these lists.
But you are right, the best approach might be to Email MT directly.
But the truth is, Emailing support by an individual will likely not get
results.
Manufacturers tend to want to see numerous individuals interested in the
command or feature to jsutify the effort doing it.
By discussing these flaws on a list, is to get all the members familiar with

why these tools are needed, and possibly more members will add additional
support inquiriies to request these improvements.

For one, I'd like to see the Mikrotik Consultants get involved in asking for

these features. If the consultants that specialize in the product don't
understand what we need, its not that likely that the manufacurer would
either. Consultants that represent the manufacturer have much more pull with

them, and a better relationship to discuss these things, and most
importantly credabilty, to effect change.

With Trango, we effect change, and the reason is that we deal direct with
the manufacturer and they hear us.  With channel support models, like
Microtik offers, the manufacturer can lose touch with the end customer. It
becomes an even worse problem when the manufacturer sells super cheap (which

we like), and the volume grows and each end user's opinion becomes less
relevent.

One thing I'm very happy about was Mikrotik's support joining as a WISPA
vendor member.  (Butch, possibly you one also ?)
I believe this gets WISP and Manufacturer closer in touch.

I'm hoping that these threads are not misinterpretted as manufacturer
bashing, but interpretted as communication, that will effect product
improvements.
The truth is MT probably offers better testing tools than most WIFI product
out there.  But there is still room for improvements.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband