I have already emailed Mikrotik a week ago, and opened a new thread on their forum. They should at least get the idea of what I need and develop a test that is specific to their wireless.

I do NOT want this to turn into a year long project.

Travis

Tom DeReggi wrote:
Butch,

You have misunderstood.  (you must have been reading top down)

I was responding to Dennis Burgess's post, who was showing interest in
possibly getting involved to ask Mikrotik on our behalf, but first asked for
clarification on exactly what features we wanted.

Its not as clear cut as just asking for something. We ourselves need to be
clear about what we want. These are very technical issues. If it were easy,
it would have already been done. My post brought up real technical traits
that needed to be considered in defining what was best to ask for. You of
all people as a consultant should understand these technical differences.
I'm not a know-it-all Lone Ranger, I also am looking for feedback from
others that may have ideas. Going to MT with an unrealistic request or one
that was not fully thought out, would just be a waste of their time.

This thread was not meant to point out inferiorities in a protocol or
product. It was meant to find ways for innovation and improvement. Believe
me, when I got something to ask for, or something to complain about, I have
no problem going direct to the manufacturer in a flash, but I need help from
my peers for developing ideas.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband