I just replaced a Buffalo home wifi router. It had been in service maybe
6 years. Long time. Cost more back then, but it never gave problems.
That says a lot to me regarding Buffalo.

But what we do today is use the linksys G routers others are using,
except we turn off the nat plug the wan into the lan give it an ip
address that we can remotely get into, 10.x.x.x and use it in bridge
mode. We nver have any problems. Hardly does the liksys have to be
rebooted. We let our cpe handle routing, nat, etc.