We are still making money on dial-up... with over 600 accounts still active (at $19.95/month) it still provides a good revenue stream. ;)

Travis
Microserv

George wrote:
I agree, now is not the time to sell. We are now just getting going .
Soon everyone will have to have a broadband connection and that means we
should be at least able to double our sizes quickly.

Dial up is almost dead. Couldn't be soon enough.

Travis Johnson wrote:

I would disagree. We are adding 120-140 new subs every month in an area
that has 200,000 population total (25,000 square miles). We have cable,
DSL, 2.5ghz licensed WiMax, two other WISPs (using Canopy), etc. We are
also not the cheapest service in town.

You have to provide some value to your service. We offer local support,
symmetrical speeds (upload is the same as download), free wireless
firewall/router with install, real static IP address, etc.

Travis
Microserv

Tom Warfield wrote:

You forgot satellite which is picking up steam.

Honestly.....

Now is the time to sell! (hence one of the reasons I sold last month.)

Unless your servicing very rural area with almost no population.