On Mon, 16 Jun 2008, Matt Liotta wrote:

>It is pretty normal for members of an organization to share PR with
>others in the organization. Are you suggesting members should be
>charged for sharing PR?

First, you are not "sharing PR with others in the organization".
This list is the PUBLIC list.  And, no...I'm not suggesting members
should be charged with this.  If you are doing this on the public
list, however, then this list is being used as an outlet for press
releases, which is not the function of WISPA for principle
membership.  If you are a vendor member, or if I am out of line,
I'll be the first to apologize, but I see no evidence that you are a
vendor member.  It is mainly the idea that Rapid is (apparently)
attempting to utilize this public list to provide information to the
general public (press release) and that seems out of line to me.  I
don't speak for WISPA, either, so this is just my opinion.  I see no
reason to blast 5-7 press releases per month to the member list if
the membership is interested in seeing it.  Otherwise, it's (as I
said in the first place) just using WISPA's servers to send press
releases (which are indexed by the search engines) out to the
public.  Perhaps this should be a member benefit...if so, $250 per
year is CHEAP for this number of press releases and should be
considered a GOOD DEAL by Rapid (and other WISPs).

*Butch Evans                    *Professional Network Consultation *
*Network Engineering            *MikroTik RouterOS                 *
*573-276-2879                   *ImageStream                       *
*http://www.butchevans.com/     *StarOS and MORE                   *
*Mikrotik Certified Consultant  *Wired or Wireless Networks        *