That still puts pressure on the system resources. As a wireless provider you
have enough on your plate to deal with. Options
include, outsourcing email with integrated spam/virus (AS/AV) with
IMAP/POP3/Webmail options, or outsource the AS/AV and take
the load off of your systems.

Your current mail system is there for backup should you ever need it, if you
outsource email. We have some clients that split
between the two by e.g., keeping their appliance, in this case Barracuda and
outsourcing additional AS/AV and email.
Barracuda needs to upgrade their 300/400 units with Gigabit Ethernet, IMO.
Instead of selling higher priced models or
additional units to cover the amount of load even for the under 500 user
systems.

Frank Muto
www.SecureEmailPlus.com