I know that a certain number of us ARE going to build a network for the sole
purpose of suckering...errr, selling it to someone else.

Now, I have severe ethical disagreements with this notion.   It reminds me
of "flipping houses" or "speculative oil investing", perhaps?

Now, to build a business SOLELY for the purpose of selling for a huge chunk
of money to someone larger, of planned consolidation seems self-defeating.
yes, you might profit, but wha have you really done productively?

Still, there are many of us who are NOT intending to "build to sell".
We're not in the business of flipping customers to someone else.   In that
case, overspending for the return on your dollar makes little sense.  I'm
not sure if ANY hardware platform makes sense in this industry.   If we run
the numbers, does it actually havea positive return?   I suspect not.

Still, for those of us who aer NOT in the business of polishing up a turd to
sell to someone else ( You have no idea how long I've waited to use that
term, since I read it a few years ago!),  the investment and prices don't
make any real sense...

<insert witty tagline here>