>Our network has an average ratio of CPEs per AP of about 7.  CPE cost has
>little effect on ROI in that condition.

Not so sure I understand this statement.  If I currently pay $175/ CPE and a
Wimax CPE is $500 That greatly affects my ROI.  If your saying from an
earlier thread that once a CPE is down to $200 that the ROI is only affected
from the AP side I agree with that.  It is that $5-10K Tower cost that will
keep me out of that standard. The idea of WISPs all standardizing is great
and would give us some interesting buying power.  But I agree with an
earlier post that the affordability of 802.11 did not come because a few of
us got together and though it would be a good standard.  It came more from
the public acceptance of the standard and chipsets.

Steve Barnes
Executive Manager
RCWiFi Wireless Internet Service